Seventh Month of Phase 1 Barista FIRE

This post is just for personal reference, to record my personal income and expenses in my journey towards Barista FIRE.


For the month of July, it was quite a "happening" month for me.  I have planned a short get-away to KL in the mid of this month.  However, just 1 week before my trip, something happened and I have to make an emergency day trip to KL via coach.  This is also my first time taking overnight coach directly from Kovan to KL Lalaport.  The ride is surprisingly quite comfortable, and seriously affordable.  I may consider coach ride in future too.  

One week later, my planned trip happened and I flew to KL via scoot.  This trip was just for me to relax and chill, and enjoy some good food.  Below are some of the nice food I ate there.

 Fish Porridge

Spicy Dumplings

 Traditional Breakfast Set

Curry Chee Cheong Fun

Dry Bak Kut Teh

Because of this trip which lasted 5 days, my expenses in Singapore is slightly lower.  Expenses for this trip is not reflected in the SGD cash-flow diagram above because flights and hotel were paid for in December 2025, and expenses for food and beverages were paid for directly in MYR from my Malaysia rental income which is separately documented.

With the end of this trip, it is time for me to get back to work, and time for me to save more and slowly invest more.  Most importantly, looking forward to my dividends next month!  Barista FIRE, here I come...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learnt From The Book “Get Rich with Dividends” As A Dividend Investor

Portfolio Update Q4 2025

Is the Middle Class Disappearing? Reflections as an Early 40s Adult in Singapore