Portfolio Update for August 2026
This will be a relatively short post, just to update on the transactions for the month.
For the month of August, it was a jittery month. With the on-going war and the increase in oil prices again back to the USD 80s level, the better than expected CPI numbers calmed down the markets considerably. I do not really know what to make out of the numbers, as all these reports and numbers were out of my control. I can only do what I could, which is to remain invested.
Closer to home, the SG markets were rather volatile as well. All the companies in my portfolio have reported their earnings, and by the end of the month, all have XD, which largely explains the fall in portfolio value. All the 3 banks announced their earnings, which were all quite expected. United Overseas Bank (UOB) had an unimpressive quarter and that lead to its share price diving by around 10% from its high despite higher dividend payout. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC) on the other hand, announced an impressive set of quarterly results and increased its half-yearly dividends. Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) maintained its quarterly dividends (excluding any special dividends). Singapore Technologies Engineering (STE) and HRNetGroup (HRNG) have also announced a good set of results, and their dividends have increased year on year. ComfortDelgro (CDG) reported a disappointing set of results, but maintained its dividend payable, which helped to support its share price temporarily.
Upon XD, many companies' share price underwent a rather significant pull-back, especially the banks. Although that pulled down my portfolio value largely, but that also helped to keep the markets healthy as many stocks had probably outran their valuations far too much, so any pull-bank is deemed healthy for the markets in the longer term. Overall I am contented with the performance of the shares in my portfolio this quarter, especially with the dividends collection. I will give the detailed update of dividends collected for this quarter in the quarterly update next month.
For this month, I injected approximately SGD 3.0K capital into the portfolio, and also used the sales proceeds to buy the following shares:
SGX: Aims Apac REIT
ComforDelgro
HRNetGroup
In addition, I have also reinvested dividends on the following shares:
SGX: Aims Apac REIT
UOB
On the other hand, I have sold the following shares:
SGX: Mapletree Industrial Trust
UPD ETF
Total SG Portfolio Value has increased by approximately 1.2% to around SGD 847K including capital injection (SGD 858K including cash), while total MY Portfolio Value has decreased by approximately 1.2% to around MYR32.6K. The decline in MYR Portfolio is because some stocks reported slightly disappointing results like Tenaga Nasional Berhad, and the general weakness in banking stocks, while SG Portfolio performed well because of the banks. Nonetheless, I am quite happy that the portfolio value is able to maintain above SGD 800K for the second consecutive month. Hopefully, the SGD 800K level can be a strong support level for my portfolio as we enter the last month of the third quarter, where more volatility may resume with the return of possible rate hikes by the FED. With that, I remain cautiously optimistic that by the end of this year my portfolio can creep towards SGD 850K. For now, I will just sit back, relax, and wait for the remaining dividends to come into my bank account.

Comments
Post a Comment