Portfolio Update Q2 2022

This month marks the end of the 2nd quarter of 2022.  Thus it's definitely a good time for me to record the performance of my portfolio to track how it has been.

To recap, I started my SG Dividends Portfolio in late 2017, and I began tracking the dividends and all reinvestment done starting 2018.  To date, my SG Dividends Portfolio consist of banks, REITs and defense technology.  On the other hand, I only started the US Growth Portfolio in late December 2021. Currently, my US Growth Portfolio consist of mainly big tech names, bank and exchange traded funds (ETFs).

Being a relatively conservative investor, I prefer to dollar cost average (DCA) into the market to slowly build up my portfolio.  The advantages of using Interactive Brokers to buy the US shares via DCA are undoubtedly the low fees and ability to buy fractional shares of mega-cap technology shares like Alphabet and Tesla.  High volatility continues to dominate, and the fear of recession lingers due to high inflation numbers, FED raising interest rates and the shocking Russia-Ukraine war, which caused the bear market in NASDAQ.  For the most part of June 2022, my dividend portfolio remains dangerously in the green, and growth portfolio has sunk deep into the red.  However, in a similar trend as in May 2022, the market staged a slight rebound in the 2nd last week of June, before continuing with its downtrend in the final week.  Coupled with the turnaround staged by the Mapletree family of REITs, these helped greatly to keep my Dividend Portfolio, and overall portfolio in the green.  How long more can the SGX Dividend Portfolio remain in the green remains to be seen.  If recession strikes in Singapore, I believe my Dividend Portfolio will play catch up with the Growth Portfolio and fall into the red.

However, despite the redness in portfolio value, dividends collected in the second quarter has been great, at SGD 7,498.23, boosted by semi-annual dividends from OCBC, Hong Leong Finance, ST Engineering and Mapletree Commercial Trust.  This brings the total dividends collected in the first half of the year to SGD 9,369.39.  This definitely brings me much closer to the annual target of SGD 16.5K (which is an increase of about 25% from previous year).  Based on trailing twelve-month dividends collected per month, the average dividends collected monthly now is above SGD 1,300.00, which is another small milestone for me.

 


Another milestone achieved this month is the total portfolio market value has successfully crossed the SGD 430k in this quarter!  Looking forward to the next milestone!  Barista FIRE, here I come...!

SG Dividends Portfolio

US Growth Portfolio

Total Portfolio Value = SGD 430,778.33 (USD 1 : SGD 1.3900)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Does SGD 200K Of Annual Dividends Sound To You?

2 Milestones Reached and A First-Time Income- BHS, 0.5M and SBL

A Review Of The REITs' Quarterly Performances