Top 8 Favourite Financial Bloggers!

The blogging scene in Singapore is very lively, especially financial blogs.  It's a pity that I have only come across these wonderful financial blogs from late 2017, where I get to learn loads from these brilliant bloggers.  In this post, I would like to share 6 financial blogs and bloggers that have a huge impact in my investment and financial planning journey.  Every week and every month, I am looking forward to get their updates so I can learn more from their posts.  These 6 financial blogs and bloggers are specially mentioned because their portfolios sizes and compositions are those that I wish to achieve, and their investment styles are aligned with my principles.  Most importantly, their writing styles are interesting and easy to understand for financial noobs like me.  I believe this is the most attractive factor that kept me hinged on their blogs.  Without further ado, let's see who are on my list!

1)    A Singaporean Stocks Investor (ASSI)

In my opinion, AK is a very influential local investor.  I only come across his blog ASSI at around 2018.  AK likes to “talk to himself on his blog”, but everything he says is very informative and interesting.  I like his way of investment, building up a huge portfolio generating dividend income that covers more than his annual expenses.  In addition, his portfolio that he shares consist of 100% Singapore shares, including REITs, Banks and some dividend shares.  This is in-line with my investment style as my Dividend Portfolio also consist of 100% Singapore shares.  Thus, I would say his achievement is my goal.  A very hard-to-achieve goal, but hey, that's what dreams are for.

Do check out his blog at http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/


2)    Financial Horse (FH)

Another influential and informative financial blogger in Singapore, KH update his post regularly every Saturday, and sometimes in between as well.  His blog gives precious insights into the individual stocks, and also the macroeconomic outlook.  It benefits me greatly as I do not have any financial background.  As such, reading his blog helps me to understand the current/ upcoming macroeconomic environment, and thus be prepared financially and adhere to more appropriate investment philosophy at that point in time.  In addition, KH also shares his personal views on latest events, such as the previous bidding war by Keppel and Consortium for Singapore Press Holdings, and more recently, the merger between Mapletree Commercial Trust and Mapletree North Asia Commercial Trust.  These views helped me greatly in evaluating the pros and cons of these events, and how they may affect me as I own related shares in my portfolio.

Do check out his blog at https://financialhorse.com/


3)    Dividend Tech Warrior (DW)

DW is another financial blogger whom I closely follow after I got to know about his blog.  Previously called Dividend Warrior, his focus was on Singapore dividend shares in his portfolio, which has grown in size via compounding and capital injection till the high 6 figures now.  In 2019, he purchased his BTO.  This move is an inspiration to me, as it showed me what I could have done differently if I built up a sizable dividend portfolio first and allow it to compound by itself, before committing in a residential home (which does not generate any returns).  This way, the portfolio can continue to compound itself, while active income can be channeled to paying down mortgage.  In 2020, he started building a new tech portfolio on top of his dividend portfolio, with tech giants like Apple and Microsoft, and thus, changed the name of his blog to Dividend Tech Warrior.

Do check out his blog at http://dividendsrichwarrior.blogspot.com/


4)    Live Rich Life Free (LRLF)

Q is a younger blogger whom I follow closely after I first saw his blog.  He recorded his journey on how he gradually grew his portfolio and net worth bit by bit in his blog.  He is definitely an inspiration to many young adults (and me!!) who strive to build up a sizable net worth as soon as possible.  Being in his mid thirties, he is crushing it and showing everyone how it can be done.  He leads a thrifty life, faithfully pumping his savings away into his Central Provident Fund (CPF) and his investment portfolio.  Similar to me, he was concentrating in SGX shares previously, and only started dipping his toes into US market recently.  However, he is definitely doing much better than me as recently he has achieve Full Retirement Sum (FRS) in his CPF, which will act as a solid buffer in this financial journey, and his net worth has crossed SGD 1.23M!

Do check out his blog at http://liverichlifefree.blogspot.com/


5)    My 15 Hour Work Week (15HWW)

15HWW is another younger blogger whom I follow.  The main point that attracted me, is his job as a private tutor.  I am a private tutor myself, so I would like to learn from him how he achieve his semi-retirement with his wife, and how he copes with his 15-hour work week (I have to work daily, 7 days a week...sigh).  Although I do not know his portfolio value, but the early start has enabled him to buy quality shares at very attractive prices, some of which I can only dream of.  He is an inspiration to me, and I hope I can achieve 15 hour work week in time to come as well!

Do check out his blog at https://www.my15hourworkweek.com/


6)    Stocks N Savings (SS)

SS is one of the most recent blogger that I come across.  Being a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA), his insight and analysis of companies provided me perspectives that I lack, and that, is educational for me.  In addition, the difference in his investment philosophy (SS do not like Singapore REITs, as he believes REITs are perpetually in debt, and it is challenging for Singapore REITs to grow their revenues meaningfully) from mine also provides alternative perspectives and insight into other listed companies that I usually do not explore.  On the flip side, our investment paths are parallel as we look for good companies that pay regular, stable dividends that can complement our active income.  This, I believe, is what attracted me to his portfolio and his blog.

Do check out his blog at https://stocksnsavings.blogspot.com/


7)    Happy REIT Investor (HRI)


HRI is also one of the most recent blogger that I come across.  He has achieved a portfolio that I can only dream of, and can officially FIRE if he chooses to.  In his latest blog, he mentioned that he is going to pause his work for a while to spend more time with his family, and that is definitely something I yearn to do.  So for now, I can officially call him my 'idol' and just got to follow his footsteps.  As he says, starting to invest is not difficult, the journey to accumulate a sufficient portfolio size for sufficient passive income, that is the difficult part.

Do check out his blog at https://happyreitinvestor.blogspot.com/


8)    REIT-Tirement

A one stop blog to get myself updated on all latest news and analysis of REITs.  With a REITs-heavy portfolio, this blog is definitely a go-to for me.  Huge thank you to V for his insights and analysis of all the Singapore REITs, especially during the release of quarterly/ half-yearly results.  In addition, V also consolidates the REITs-related posts by other authors on a weekly basis.

Do check out his blog at https://www.reit-tirement.com/


Although the following blogs are not in my personal top 6 list, they definitely deserve honorable mentions!  Their impact on the local financial literacy and investment scene is definitely top notch. 

1)    Investment Moats

K is definitely no stranger in the financial blogging scene.  His blog posts are widely shared and read by many, and they are definitely insightful and informative.  However, they are a little too technical for me, which made it hard to digest for me.  Nonetheless, his blog is one of the top-reads.

Do check out his blog at https://investmentmoats.com/


2)    3 Forever Financial Freedom (3Fs)

BH is also a well known financial blogger in the scene.  In fact, I used to follow his blog closely as he shares his portfolio openly and update all his transactions transparently.  That level of transparency earned my respect for him, and his rational behind all his transactions were fully explained in his blog too.  However, as he shifted his portfolio towards Chinese shares in a big way, I gradually stopped following his posts closely as I have little interests in Chinese shares for now.

Do check out his blog at https://www.3foreverfinancialfreedom.com/


Hereby would like to thank all finance bloggers out there for all the information, that allow us newbies to access to free, but useful, quality information.  Would love to read more posts from all financial bloggers from Singapore, and continue to learn from all of you!  At the meantime, Barista FIRE, here I come...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Does SGD 200K Of Annual Dividends Sound To You?

2 Milestones Reached and A First-Time Income- BHS, 0.5M and SBL

A Review Of The REITs' Quarterly Performances