Portfolio Update Q3 2026

This month marks the end of the 3rd quarter of 2026.  Thus it's definitely a good time for me to record the performance of my portfolio to track how it has been.

To recap, I started my SG Dividends Portfolio in late 2017, and I began tracking the dividends and all reinvestment done starting 2018.  To date, my SG Dividends Portfolio consist of banks, REITs and defense technology.  On the other hand, I only started the US Growth Portfolio in late December 2021.  Currently, my US Growth Portfolio has been completely liquidated to pay off my Malaysia mortgage loan.  In March 2026, I started the MY Dividends Portfolio, which currently consist of only banks and consumers.  The purpose of this is to complement my SG Dividends Portfolio, and hopefully generate dividends in MYR to hedge against forex risks when I FIRE.  

The most important event that happened this month is definitely the FED meeting and the speech by Kevin Warsh in mid of the month.  As expected, the FED finally announced an interest rate hike by 25 basis point.  This marks the resurgence of inflation, and probably interest rates will remain higher for longer, and this brought back pressure to REITs.  All REITs have resumed their downtrend, regardless of blue-chip REITs or REITs with smaller sponsors.  Thankfully with a diversified portfolio, my investments did not plunge badly.  

Closer to home, dividends collected in the third quarter has been satisfactory, at SGD 12,306.24 from quarterly dividends from Mapletree Family REITs, Development Bank of Singapore (DBS), Singapore Technologies Engineering (STE), Aims Apac REIT (AAR) and Amova STC-Asia REIT ETF (CFA), and semi-annual dividends from Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation (OCBC), United Overseas Bank (UOB), Capitaland Integrated Commercial Trust (CICT), ParkwayLife REIT (PWLR), Capitaland Ascott Trust (CLAST), ComfortDelgro (CDG), HRNetGroup (HRNG) and Kimly.  This amount is about 7.7% higher than the amount of dividends collected in the third quarter of 2025.  The overall increase in quarterly dividends is due to the higher dividends declared by OCBC, UOB, PWLR and STE.  Hopefully the current portfolio and allocation will help to make my future dividends more stable and predictable as I progress towards Barista FIRE.  For my significantly smaller MY Dividend Portfolio, I have also received dividends from the banks and consumer stocks.  It is not much, but definitely glad to see cash coming in.  

For this month, the total SG portfolio market value declined to approximately SGD 839K this quarter, including capital injection and dividend reinvestment, which is a slight decrease of about 1.0%.  Total MY portfolio market value plunged to about MYR 33.0K, which is a significant decrease of about 6.2%.  Total overall portfolio is currently experiencing some volatility, especially in the MY markets.  However, as the MY Portfolio size is small, the impact is minimal.  Regardless, I am looking forward to the upcoming quarterly reporting, to continue to collect the dividends from my portfolio in the final quarter of 2026.  Hopefully my annual dividend target for 2026 can be achieved.  Barista FIRE, here I come...!

SG Dividends Portfolio

MY Dividends Portfolio

Total Portfolio Value: SGD 839,157.00 + MYR 32,991.00 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Finally Understand the Safe Withdrawal Rate, Yet Still Prefer Dividend Investing

Portfolio Update Q4 2025

My Second Trip To China With My Mum One Year Later