Eighth Month of Phase 1 Barista FIRE

This post is just for personal reference, to record my personal income and expenses in my journey towards Barista FIRE.

For the month of August, it was another simple month for me.  Simple life, simple expenses.  However, miscellaneous spending spiked because I am planning for a holiday with my mum and aunt to China this coming November, and a solo trip to Bangkok in January 2027.  This month I finally settled the flights and hotel stay for both trips.  To cover this cost, I decided to pay myself "bonus" in advance instead of as usual in December.  As I am self-employed, this is basically "ownself-pay-ownself", but I feel blessed to have the opportunity to plan and bring two elderly loved ones to somewhere chill for sight-seeing.  Hope all goes well.

Besides expenses, I also receive 'bountiful' dividend harvest this month from banks and REITs.  Looking forward to more dividend payments next month.  

All in all, after 8 months of phase 1 Barista FIRE, I think I am doing well balancing income and expenses.  So far I am not incurring any deficit, and the accumulated surplus will also be sufficient to cover my annual insurance cost at the end of this year.  As I am still working, and planning to continue with tutoring next year, albeit at a slower pace, I believe my cashflow remains healthy.  Barista FIRE, here I come...!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learnt From The Book “Get Rich with Dividends” As A Dividend Investor

Portfolio Update Q4 2025

Why I Finally Understand the Safe Withdrawal Rate, Yet Still Prefer Dividend Investing