Sixth Month of Phase 1 Barista FIRE

This post is just for personal reference, to record my personal income and expenses in my journey towards Barista FIRE.


For the month of June, nothing special happened.  It was just a normal month, with normal expenses.  The only event that will impact my finances partially is the end of lease for my tenant in Johor, and he will be moving to KL for other work opportunities.  This meant that my unit will be empty again, and I will rely on my agent to help me seek another tenant as soon as possible so that healthy cashflow returns for my finances in Malaysia.  

In addition, I would like to praise my home country, Malaysia, as quite a few improvements have been implemented recently which made my life easier.  One of them is I am now able to renew my driving license via online app.  So this saves me time and eliminates the need for me to travel back to Johor UTC to queue and renew.  This month will be the Johor State Elections.  I should return to do my part as citizen.

In Singapore, all is as usual, and I suppose no news is good news.  Just continue to live within my means, within my budget, and cruise through this phase of Barista FIRE.  Looking forward to more dividends in the coming months.  Barista FIRE, here I come...!

Comments

  1. Hi bro, your mortgage takes up about 2 third of your monthly expenses, given that you will have spend more time in JB and I realize the condo maintenance free is quite crazy and the maintenance also not up to standard, would you consider to sell it and maybe rent a room or small HDB? That maybe more worth financially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kk pang
      Actually the fixed expenses include mortgage loan (about one third of my expenses), maintenance and allowance for my mum. I am actually planning to relocate in JB in the near future, so will sell this SG unit in time to come.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, financially, it makes more sense. Really to enjoy to see your Barista journey.

      Delete
    3. Thank you. I am glad to be able to share my journey with like-minded individuals like you too! Strive towards our goals together ba!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Learnt From The Book “Get Rich with Dividends” As A Dividend Investor

Portfolio Update Q4 2025

Is the Middle Class Disappearing? Reflections as an Early 40s Adult in Singapore