Portfolio Update for April 2022

This will be a relatively short post, just to update on the transactions for the month.

For the month of April, volatility continues to be the main theme, especially in the US market. This is reflected in some stocks, where their gains from March lows has been wiped out. US companies that experiences price slashes are no longer limited to small and mid caps.  Giants like Netflix and even Amazon was not spared.  One look at S&P 500 will be sufficient to illustrate the pain and agony in the market, as this huge index has already dropped by approximately 8.8% in a month!  My US portfolio is not spared either.

On the contrary, the Singapore market remains relatively clam.  My SGX Dividend Portfolio remains to be my sanctuary for April, amidst the wild swings and blood on Wall Street.  I am glad the Dividend Portfolio is holding up well, and thus, allowing me to sleep peacefully.   

For this month, I injected approximately SGD 23K capital buying the following shares:

SGX:    Mapletree Logistics Trust

US:       Apple

             Google-C

             JP Morgan

             Microsoft

             Palantir

             Tesla

             VOO ETF

Total Portfolio Value increased to approximately SGD 421K, due to capital injection and decrease in share prices.  It just seems like the more I buy, the further it drops.  Low definitely can get lower, I suppose I just got to have faith in the quality companies I owned.

Next month should still be a volatile month.  As the saying goes, "Sell in May and Go Away",  I believe the situation may get worse before it gets better.  The determining factor should lie on the FED, how hawkish they are going to be, how the interest rates are going to increase moving forward.  For now, hang on.     


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Does SGD 200K Of Annual Dividends Sound To You?

2 Milestones Reached and A First-Time Income- BHS, 0.5M and SBL

A Review Of The REITs' Quarterly Performances